Here are a few examples of what can be found inside the teaching guide:
● Lessons on the root causes and costs of war and conflict
● Overview of human rights and different transitional justice mechanisms
● Mock war crimes tribunal and mock truth commission role plays
● In-depth country case studies
● Individual case studies on human rights abuses
● Investigative tools to study the need for transitional justice in the U.S.
● Skill-building resources on how to apply reconciliation on a local level
● Conflict resolution and peer mediation exercises
● Transitional justice glossary
● Resources for further study and action on peace and justice
Appropriate for 9th grade through adult learners.
>> Download the complete curriculum (4.28 MB)
>> Download PowerPoints for chapters 6 and 7
>> Download the complete curriculum adapted for Zimbabwe (4.6 MB)
>> Connections to C3 and ELA Social Studies Standards
>> Connections to Minnesota Social Studies Standards
If you would like to order a print copy, complete an online order form.
* Please note: in order to download the PDF version of this publication, you must have installed the latest version of Adobe Reader on your computer. This is available for free from Adobe.