This internship is designed to introduce university students who are interested in a career in nonprofit organizations. Interns will have the opportunity to learn how a nonprofit really operates and better understand the essential role of Development within an organization.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Working as part of the Development team, our interns:
• Assist with planning, promoting, and executing events, including the Human Rights Awards Dinner and house parties;
• Update records in donor database and research potential funders;
• Write blog posts and newsletter columns;
• Help with mailings and solicitations;
• Learn about development best practices in weekly conversations led by the staff; and
• Support general development operations.
Experience and Qualifications:
Self-motivated and able to work in a cooperative, busy, diverse environment
Organized, detail-oriented, creative, and able to meet deadlines
Proficient in MS Office or Google Suite
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Outstanding interpersonal skills
A strong interest in human rights
Questions? Please see our Frequently Asked Questions page. If your question is not answered in there, you can email email@example.com.