Development and Fundraising Internship
Please note that internship applications must be submitted through the form on our website.
In-person, hybrid, or remote.
This internship is designed to introduce university students who are interested in a career in nonprofit organizations. Interns will have the opportunity to learn how a nonprofit secures funding to operate its programs and better understand the essential role of Development within an organization.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Working as part of the Development team, our interns:
- Assist with planning, promoting, and executing events, including the Human Rights Awards Dinner and house parties;
- Update records in donor database and research potential funders;
- Write blog posts and newsletter columns;
- Help with mailings and solicitations;
- Learn about development best practices in weekly conversations led by the staff; and
- Support general development operations.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Interest in learning about Development and building related skills
- Able to work in a cooperative, busy, diverse environment
- Engaged and self-motivated learner
- Organized, detail-oriented, creative, and able to meet deadlines
- Proficient in MS Office or Google Suite
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- A strong interest in human rights
Please see our Frequently Asked Questions page. If your question is not answered in there, you can email email@example.com. Please note that internship applications must be submitted using the form on our website.