WATCH Court Monitoring Internship
Please note that internship applications must be submitted through the form on our website.
Hybrid (in-person and remote)
This internship is designed for students who intend to enter the field of domestic violence and sexual assault advocacy in some way. Interns will have the opportunity to observe a variety of court proceedings, track cases and analyze trends.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with entering in court observation data.
- Conduct court observations in Hennepin, Ramsey or Washington counties.
- Support staff by looking up records and criminal complaints.
- Assist with updating databases.
Experience and qualifications:
- Knowledge of the criminal justice system
- Understanding of domestic violence and sexual assault Previous experience with records searches is preferred, but not necessary
- Organized, detail-orientated and able to meet deadlines
- Must be able to pass a background check
Please see our Frequently Asked Questions page. If your question is not answered in there, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that internship applications must be submitted through the form on our website.