Human Trafficking Client Services Internship
Please note that internship applications must be submitted through the form on our website.
This internship is designed for law students or paralegals with an interest in working with human trafficking survivors who are non-citizens to gain skills on legal representation and coordinating services for survivors. Past and current interns have conducted intake follow-up with potential clients, assist with intake interviews and case administration, conducted legal research, translated documents, helped gather evidence, assisted with coordination with law enforcement investigating trafficking, coordinated with social workers assisting clients, and assisted with application preparation to support clients' T visa case as a victim of trafficking as well as any court proceedings or filings for employment authorization.
Intern Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in intake interviews and follow-up
- Conduct legal and human rights research to prepare cases to transmit to volunteer attorneys
- Work with clients to prepare T visa applications, court filings and other forms as needed
- Assist staff and volunteer attorneys with coordination between client, social workers, law enforcement personnel and AHR
- Assist staff and volunteers with representation of clients at administrative immigration hearings
- Support staff and volunteer attorneys with interpretation, document translation as applicable, research, and other duties as needed.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Organized, self-starter, detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines.
- Law student or paralegal with an interest and commitment to do high quality legal work for low-income immigrant clients in a fast-paced office setting.
- Prior course work, work experience or clinical experience in immigration, criminal and/or human rights law is a plus.
- Excellent research, oral and written communication skills, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Fluency in Spanish
Please see our Frequently Asked Questions page. If your question is not answered in there, you can email email@example.com. Please note that internship applications must be submitted through the form on our website.