Immigration Court Observation Project Internship
Please note that internship applications must be submitted through the form on our website.
Hybrid - court is in-person, other responsibilities can be in office or remote
This internship is designed for individuals with an interest in immigration, human rights, law, and /or public policy. Interns will have the opportunity to observe immigration court proceedings, interact with other observers, and provide programmatic support.
This internship is for 6-8 hours per week.
Intern Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with entering court observation data.?
- Observe hearings at the Fort Snelling Immigration Court.
- Assist with data clean up and preliminary analysis for data reports.
- Attend monthly volunteer debriefs (as schedule allows).
- Develop content for the monthly volunteer newsletter.
- May involve assisting with remote or in person events.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Sensitivity to diverse cultures.
- Strong professional boundaries and commitment to maintaining confidentiality.
- No prior immigration experience is needed but must be interested in learning a lot of information in a short amount of time.
- Must pass a background check.
Please see our Frequently Asked Questions page. If your question is not answered in there, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that internship applications must be submitted through the form on our website.