Join Us for Afghan Adjustment Act Virtual Congressional Advocacy Days
More than one year ago, we watched together as an humanitarian crisis emerged from the Taliban takeover and U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan. Since that time, volunteer attorneys, interpreters, and community supporters have jumped in to welcome our Afghan neighbors and advocate for the United States to do the right thing to ensure stability for our allies. That work is far from over: people still must be evacuated to safety and our Afghan neighbors continue to need support.
But Congress has the opportunity to take an important step toward fulfilling our promise by passing the Afghan Adjustment Act. The AAA is a lifesaving piece of legislation that will continue relocating Afghans out of Taliban control and help those who have already resettled here find a permanent home in our communities. While the Afghan Adjustment Act has broad bipartisan and bicameral support, your voice is needed to help ensure its passage.
Join The Advocates and our Evacuate Our Allies coalition partners as we virtually meet with Congressional offices Tuesday, September 6th through Thursday, September 8th to urge Congress to pass the Afghan Adjustment Act.
We must urge our legislators to pass the Afghan Adjustment Act.
hold a virtual training on legislative meetings and schedule group virtual
meetings with your Senators as well as use social media to spread awareness
about this bill. Participants will receive:
- Training on Virtual Legislative Meetings -Date TBD (the week of August 29th).
- Schedule of Meetings with Your Senators or their staff --on September 6-8th.
- Sample Talking Points and Asks for Your Meeting --you will receive resources to help guide your meetings and we encourage you to share your personal stories and experiences.
- Evacuate Our Allies Coalition Support --each meeting will include an accompanier (experienced legislative advocate) to provide support.
- Advocacy and Social Media Toolkit --the toolkit will include a call-in action, sample social media posts and graphics, and additional advocacy resources that you can share
To join us, please fill out this form. Once you do, we will schedule the meeting, meet with you to make sure you feel prepared to meet with your members of Congress, and coordinate all follow up.