This internship is designed to introduce university students who are interested in a career in nonprofit organizations. Interns will have the opportunity to learn how a nonprofit really operates and better understand the essential role of Development within an organization.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Working as part of the Development team, our interns:
• Assist with planning, promoting, and executing events, including the Human Rights Awards Dinner and house parties;
• Update records in donor database and research potential funders;
• Write blog posts and newsletter columns;
• Help with mailings and solicitations;
• Learn about development best practices in weekly conversations led by the staff; and
• Support general development operations.
Experience and Qualifications:
Self-motivated and able to work in a cooperative, busy, diverse environment
Organized, detail-oriented, creative, and able to meet deadlines
Proficient in MS Office or Google Suite
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Outstanding interpersonal skills
Questions? Please see our Frequently Asked Questions page. If your question is not answered in there, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that internship applications must be submitted using the form on our website.